Saturday, May 19, 2012

Training Program? What's That

Remember in that last post when I said I would try to post my training everyday? I lied. This post will be brief because I'm tired and I want to go to bed.

Friday

Yesterday was a recovery day, and it was a slow recovery day at that. I could feel it in my legs and just kept it easy. Never really felt comfortable on the run, but got it in. Details:

  • Distance: 5.23 miles
  • Time: 46:18.07
  • Pace: 8:51/mile
  • Weight: 166.4
  • Weather: 44F, Sunny
After the run, and since I was done with Week 2 of the 100 push-ups program, I did another max test. The first test I did was 17, yesterday was 34. Nice progress I guess. Onto week 3.

Saturday

Well this morning I was originally going to do 11 miles. However, both kids had friends sleepover last night, I mowed and edge the lawn last night and didn't get to bed until 11:55pm, which is way late for me. So I decided to sleep in until 7:30am (Whoa), and didn't really feel like running 11 miles, so decided to do my 7.3 mile loop in 1 hour, and that is exactly what happened. The run was OK, legs still don't feel fresh and fast, but with my longest run being 9.66 miles since Boston I can't expect much. The real training/running will start the beginning of June.

  • Distance: 7.34 miles
  • Time: 59:51.52
  • Pace: 8:09/mile
  • Weight: 164.8
  • Weather: 65F, Sun
The rest of the day was spent opening the pool, which always seems to take forever, buying annuals for the yards (we bought 5 flats of impatiens with 72 plants in each flat), and planting said flowers (half of them). I probably should get ready for my trip coming up on Thursday....

No comments:

Post a Comment