Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Little Bit Of "Speed" + A Day Off

After running a gigantic 23.1 miles last week, all at HR135 level, Monday was my first speed session (if you want to call it that). The plan was 1 hour at HR150. Based on my previous blazing runs of last week I fully expected not to break 8:00 pace for this run. In fact, I went into the run thinking I would be gleeful if I  broke 8:00 pace for the run.

As it turns out, I was thoroughly surprised at the run. The HR was low (relatively speaking, considering I'm a fat sow now) at the start and through the run. Yes, there was pace degradation versus HR as the run went along but that was to be expected. I was actually glad that my new ILTHR was 150 and not 155, as I didn't really want to run faster.

Ran this in my old pair of Kinvara 2's as they are nearing the 500 mile limit I put on my shoes. I've got a brand spanking new pair ready to go, and honestly they just look cooler than my current version.

Unfortunately, I broke the 5-day consecutive weight streak of 166.4lbs. And doubly unfortunate, I went up to 167.8 lbs. I think I need an intervention from food. Maybe I should contact A&E.

Here is the nitty, gritty of Monday's run. Fresh from the best running log site online (http://www.runningahead.com), but this is just a screen capture of it.


Since my legs felt like death warmed over (does that make sense? I don't think so). Tuesday was an off-day except for Week 2, Day 2 of the 100 pushup challenge. Waking up a portly 168.2 lbs (did I say I needed an intervention?) I managed to do 14-16-12-12-11 push-ups with 60 seconds rest. Unfortunately, that is a big ole' F for the day, so I will try and repeat in two days time. The last set needs to be at least 17.




No comments:

Post a Comment