Thursday, May 17, 2012

It Snowed In May!! (Pollen that is)

Up early (5:15am) to run the 9.66 loop around 1:15:55. (7:51/mile). Will try to very gradually run this loop twice a week at a faster pace. When I got outside this morning, it was noticeably cooler, less humid and windy. And it also appeared to have snowed pollen overnight. Everything was covered in yellow. A slight breeze formed yellow pollen clouds. As cars drove on the roads, yellow clouds would form. By the end of my run it felt as if I had sand in my eyes. Should have taken a picture to add to this post.

Run went well, slow in the first 3 miles (8:48, 8:03, 7:50). Over-ambitious the next three as I felt good and these paces were not pushing it (7:15, 7:33, 7:33). Held back on mile 7 (7:43), however legs felt tired after mile 7 and it showed in the pace (7:57, 7:48). Finished off last 0.66 at 7:40/mile pace. A pretty good run, though I would legs didn't get tired at end.

The details:
  • Distance: 9.66 miles
  • Time: 1:15:40.35
  • Pace: 7:50/mile
  • Weight: 165.8
  • Weather: 55F, Partly Cloudy, Windy
I hit 500+ miles on my Kinvara 2's this morning after this run. I have another fresh pair waiting in the wings. I usually only put 500 miles on a pair of shoes. I probably could put more on a pair, but with a fresh pair waiting I like to jump into the new shoes. Here is a comparison of the tread of the fresh pair versus the old pair.
Supinate Much?

Picked up a nice case (24) of the Sam Adams Summer Pack from Costco yesterday. Last night was one Sam Adams Boston Lager and one Sam Adams Belgian Session. Both were tasty...

My son, David, kicked my ass in an epic game of Jenga on a carpet.
I count 26 layers

No comments:

Post a Comment